Wiki page by khorben on 19/10/2010 01:45:07
DescriptionThis library will be providing an entirely different API, based on the actual requirements of the modern components of the system.
In fact, it is meant to fully replace the libc. Therefore, this project will directly benefit from the completion of DeforaOS' own libc implementation (system calls, low-level operations).
- implement a secure, portable and convenient message-passing protocol
- allow transparent routing of communication endpoints
- support a generic data type model
- introduce generic serialization for these types
- allow manipulation of complex types (groups of simpler types)
- synchronize the running state of applications
- allow the message-passing protocol to trigger callbacks
- complete the base API
- rewrite essential components to use this API
- provide a complete C runtime